Papers on Face Recognition
Papers on Supporting Theory from Sparse Representation
- Robust Face Recognition via Sparse Representation,
- John Wright, Allen Yang, Arvind Ganesh, Shankar Sastry, and Yi Ma. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI), vol. 31, no. 2, February 2009.
- (A related tutorial on the use of sparse representation techniques in face recognition that seeks to clarify doubts raised by some recent papers on this topic. [arXiv link])
- Towards a Practical Face Recognition System: Robust Alignment and Illumination by Sparse Representation,
- Andrew Wagner, John Wright, Arvind Ganesh, Zihan Zhou, Hossein Mobahi, and Yi Ma. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI), vol. 34, no. 2, February 2012.
- A shorter version of this paper appears in CVPR'09: Towards a Practical Face Recognition System: Robust Registration and Illumination via Sparse Representation.
- Face Recognition with Contiguous Occlusion using Markov Random Fields,
- Zihan Zhou, Andrew Wagner, Hossein Mobahi, John Wright, and Yi Ma. IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), 2009.
- Fast L1-Minimization Algorithms For Robust Face Recognition,
- Allen Yang, Zihan Zhou, Arvind Ganesh, Shankar Sastry, and Yi Ma. Submitted to IEEE Transactions on Image Processing (TIP), 2012.
- A preliminary version of this paper appears in ICIP'10: Fast L1-Minimization Algorithms and an Application in Robust Face Recognition: A Review.
- Towards a Robust Face Recognition System Using Compressive Sensing,
- Allen Yang, Zihan Zhou, Yi Ma, and Shankar Sastry. InterSpeech, 2010.
- Collaborative Representation based Classification for Face Recognition,
- Lei Zhang, Meng Yang, Xiangchu Feng, Yi Ma, and David Zhang. Submitted to IEEE Transactions on Image Processing (TIP), 2012.
- Robust and Practical Face Recognition via Structured Sparsity,
- Kui Jia, Tsung-Han Chan, and Yi Ma. European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV), 2012.
Other Applications of Sparse Representation
- Dense Error Correction via L1-minimization,
- John Wright, and Yi Ma. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 56, issue 7, July 2010.
- Minimum Sum of Distances Estimator: Robustness and Stability,
- Yoav Sharon, John Wright, and Yi Ma. American Control Conference (ACC), June 2009.
- Separation of a Subspace-Sparse Signal: Algorithms and Conditions,
- Arvind Ganesh, Zihan Zhou, and Yi Ma.
IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP), April 2009.
- Robust Principal Component Analysis?,
- John Wright, Arvind Ganesh, Shankar Rao, and Yi Ma. vol. 58, issue 3, article 11, Journal of the ACM, May 2011.
Related References and Resources by Others
- Motion Segmentation via Robust Subspace Separation in the Presence of Outlying, Incomplete, or Corrupted Trajectories,
- Shankar Rao, Roberto Tron, Rene Vidal, and Yi Ma. IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), June 2008.
- Image Super-Resolution as Sparse Representation of Raw Image Patches,
- Jianchao Yang, John Wright, Thomas Huang, and Yi Ma. IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), June 2008.
- Face Hallucination via Sparse Coding,
- Jianchao Yang, Hao Tang, Yi Ma, and Thomas Huang. IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), October 2008.
- Distributed Segmentation and Classification of Human Actions Using a Wearable Motion Sensor Network,
- Allen Yang, Roozbeh Jarafi, Philip Kuryloski, Sameer Iyengar, Shankar Sastry, and Ruzena Bajcsy. Workshop on Human Communicative Behavior Analysis, IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), June 2008.
- Data-Driven Image Completion by Image Patch Subspaces,
- Hossein Mobahi, Shankar Rao, and Yi Ma. Picture Coding Symposium (PCS), May 2009.
- Distributed Video Coding using Compressive Sampling,
- Josep Prades-Nebot, Yi Ma, and Thomas Huang. Picture Coding Symposium (PCS), May 2009.
- Sparse Representation
- For Most Large Underdetermined Systems of Linear Equations, the minimal L1-norm solution is also the sparsest solution, David Donoho.
- Highly robust error correction by convex programming, E. J. Candès and P. Randall.
- Neighborly Polytopes and Sparse Solutions of Underdetermined Linear Equations, David Donoho.
- Face Recognition: A Literature Survey, W. Zhao, R. Chellappa, J. Phillips, and A. Rosenfeld.
- Eigenfaces vs. Fisherfaces: Recognition Using Class Specific Linear Projection, P. Belhumeur, J. Hespanha, D. Kriegman.
- Combining Reconstructive and Discriminative Subspace Methods for Robust Classification and Regression by Subsampling, S. Fidler, D. Skocaj, A. Leonardis.
- AR Database
- Extended Yale Database
- Face Recognition Homepage
- Compressed Sensing Resources
If you want to list your publication on this topic on this website, please contact the webmasters - Zihan Zhou
and Arvind Ganesh